Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, February 3, 2014

Shopping my Stash/Low Buy Update: New Year #1

I've been on a low buy for a few months now, so shopping my makeup stash is like finding new makeup treasures for me. I will say that I have not purchased anything other than my monthly GlossyBox, a Cover-girl nail polish and a Maybelline Color Eye Tattoo since early December. To be honest, I've not struggled like I thought I would. After the holidays, money tends to be a little tighter, so the necessity of a low buy is accepted and almost embraced by me. Notice I said almost.... I've only struggled with buying more skin care. I have plenty of acceptable backups that I am utilizing in my daily routine. And, the past few months have taught me that I do not need every new product that comes along. 

As well, it has made me aware of wastefulness for my situation in buying things just to try, and it has shown me the reasons that I feel the need to buy more makeup.  This is my personal experience ,so in no way am I implying or projecting that my way should be followed for others makeup purchases. The past few months have been a time of self reflection that I never thought would become part of this experience. In having a set limit, it requires me to consider every purchase. I think this has been the key for me in that every piece I picked up I've really made a conscious decision to make the purchase count instead of coming home with bags of makeup and skin care that really serve no purpose for me. I think I have stumbled upon a place in my life where I do know what works for me and that sticking to what I like has and will eliminate unnecessary purchases for me.  I realize this is not for everyone, and what we all value and place significance on is diverse as we are as individuals.  


To remedy the overabundance of products, I've cleaned out old products, used(and continue to use) suitable back ups, passed on many to friends and family and even trashed a few that just do not work for me. I am feeling very liberated by this process. It almost reminds me of a good Spring cleaning. Furthermore, I decided to cancel my Glossybox subscription as well. I've not even used any of the products from December box and feel as though I would rather have the money to pick up something I want and would choose for myself. I may revisit this later,but for now I am happy I pressed that cancel button. 

Now onto the makeup for this week: I'm just picking out a few things. I'll choose a foundation daily most likely NARS Sheer Glow or UD NAKED, and I typically wear my Laura Mercier translucent to set the look. 

For eyes: I'm bringing out Clinique Neutral Territory 2. I've had this for almost 2 months and need to wear it more. The shades are beautiful and perfect for a daytime neutral nude eye. 
CLINIQUE - All About Shadow 8-Pan Palette - Limited Edition Nudes
I need to use up some mascaras before it's time to trash them. So for this week, I'll use Too Faced Better Than False Lashes System.

Too Faced - Better Than False Lashes Nylon Lash Extension System

For Cheeks: I plan to wear MAC Lovecloud. It's a very pretty neutral shade that will go great with nude eye makeup.  I won a Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless Bronzer from a twitter giveaway, so I'll try my hand at that one. 



Bronzed and Poreless Bronzer

And for lips: I brought out my favorite shade of Clinique Lipstick in Twilight Nude for lipstick days. For a day when I want more shine, I'll be wearing Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in 756 Evening Rose. Then for an easy ultra hydrating look, Revlon Pink Truffle Lip Butter will be my choice. 

CLINIQUE - Long Last Soft Shine Lipstick


Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter

Yes, I love pinky rosy shades! 

Have you shopped your stash lately? Are you currently low-buying? 

No comments:

Post a Comment