Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, January 27, 2014

Best of Beauty 2013: Top 5 Skin Care Picks

It's the time of the year to reflect back and pick my makeup favorites. I will be doing a series of best of beauty posts that will include makeup, skincare, bath and body and hair care items.  Here is the second installment. You can read about my face faves here and eye faves here

I decided to pick just 5 items for skin care as I can go on and on about products. For clarification, I have dryish/normal sensitive skin that can be reactive at times. In the winter, I tend to be more dry and sensitive, so I tend to find products I like and stick to a familiar routine. 

Here are my top 5: 

Mad Hippie Cream Cleanser: This is my holy grail cleanser year round. It's never greasy or tacky and leaves my skin soft and clean. Mad Hippie has great products that are organic and free from preservatives and skin irritants. One thing I like about the cleanser is that is has no scent and does no break me out or irritate my skin. It can be purchased online and at Whole Foods. I purchase mine from VitaCost. I'm almost done with my last back up, so a new order will be placed soon. 


DeVita Natural Skin Care Cool Cucumber Toner: I reviewed this toner here. To keep this short and to the point, it's a gentle, natural and vegan exfoliating toner perfect for sensitive skin. I've not found a toner that I love, but this one comes close. 

Elizabeth Arden Clear the Way Mask: I believe this has been discontinued, but I purchased mine at T.J. Maxx for $4. Now to be honest, this has parabens in the ingredients(OOPS). However, it really is a great mask. It does not irritate my sensitive skin and leaves my face feeling fresh and soft. I do not use physical exfoliators often, but in the cooler weather, I tend to need more exfoliate. I use this one maybe 1x every 2 weeks to help with my dry skin. This is my favorite mask for my winter dry skin. 

fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream with Super 7 Complex: I talked about this is my recent empties post, so I won't go on about this cream. 

Koh Gen Do Spa Cleansing Water:  I purchased this on recommendation from Joyce, and I’m so glad that I listened to her. This works well to remove makeup perfectly even waterproof mascara. 



What are your top 5 skin care products? 






No comments:

Post a Comment