Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, December 30, 2013

Faves and Fails

It's been a while since I've posted a faves/fails post on the blog. I've been trying out new items and bringing back some old loves into my skin and makeup regimen and wanted to share with you. I hope everyone is enjoying the Holidays. The children are home and even DH had a few days off, so we've been relaxing and enjoying the down time. Here are my recent faves and fails: 

Faves:

Makeup Item(s): Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Color Balm in Broadest Berry. Have you tried these? These are some of the best lipstick crayons on the market. They wear well and make lips so soft during wear time. I've been obsessed with these and have a few more on my list. Make sure to pick up the intense version if you want color and long wear. 


Skin Care Item: I recently picked up the Beauty Sage Editors Sample Box from their website. Now, I'm not a huge fan of subscription boxes because I always end up with the worst ones. However, with Beauty Sage, you know what items are included before you order and there is no commitment. I'm loving the Clarks Botanical Deep Moisture Mask sample for my increasingly dry skin. This is very emollient without being sticky or tacky. It feels quite cool going on and works wonders on dry skin. I love the ingredients such as Japanese green tea, and natural oils. It's pricey for the full size at $72, but the sample is pretty generous. I hope it lasts me through this "dry phase". 

Clarks-deep-moisture-mask-allure
Purchase: I have been loving Urban Decay Naked 3 Eye Shadow Palette. Now to be fair, I am not overwhelmed with the lighter shades, but I adore the darker shades in the palette. My favorite look is Mugshot on the lid, with limit/nooner to transition in the crease with Darkside, and then I darken the outer V with Blackheart. I'm not sure this is a must have palette, but those dark shades have blown me away.  I'm glad I purchased it!



Nail Care: I picked up Julep Freedom Polymer Top Coat as a VIB 100 pt perk in my last online order and have been using it with all of my manicures. I'm loving this over metallic polish such as Essie's Nothing Else Metals which helps to extend the wear of the polish. 
Julep - Freedom™ Polymer Top Coat

Body Care: While cleaning out a room, I found a new tube of Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Triple Moisture Body Cream that I purchased in last years sale. I love the scent, and it's very moisturizing on winter skin. 


Hair Care: I've been enjoying Matrix Biolage Exquisite Replenishing Oil since I received a sample in a recent GlossyBox. It's improved the texture/condition of my hair, and it helps with Winter dryness.

Fails: 

Tarte Amazonian skinny smolderEYES Clay Waterproof Eyeliner : I picked this up on a recent purchase at Sephora because I wanted a new liner in black. This was a mess on me. It smeared everywhere and smudged like crazy. I will say that it lasted well (lol) in those places it smudged and on the waterline. I'm planning to return it because I really don't need a $20 liner that makes such a mess
skinny smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof liner -
Pai Avocado and Jojoba Hydrating Day Cream: I was so excited to try this. I've heard a great deal about Pai and their focus on sensitive skin care. I won this in a Beauty Bay twitter contest, so I'm not out any money. However, this irritated my skin and caused an allergic reaction. And, it made my skin even more sensitive and left an oily cast on my face. I think this is more geared to more normal skin, and not those that are reactive to products. Bummer!
Pai Avocado & Jojoba Hydrating Day Cream | Spirit Beauty Lounge
What are your recent faves/fails? 

No comments:

Post a Comment