Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Empties: Edition #1

I've been saving my empties for a post for the past few months. I will be dividing the products into parts because I have quite a few to share. Here is the first installment of what I've been using up from my collection. I very rarely finish a makeup product, so those may be few and far between. 



1.Arcona Gentle  Solution-- This is an overnight treatment with glycolic acids, algae, amino acids and other healthy ingredients that help regenerate skin overnight. I will definitely repurchase this one as it's my favorite night serum. It's perfect for those with dry and sensitive skin and has great ingredients. It's $50/35mL, but it's worth it. I need to use up my current Mad Hippie Exfoliation Serum and will then buy this again. I highly recommend this one as a gentle chemical exfoliate for dry, normal and sensitive skin.  

2.Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist-- I used this as a toner and really liked it's hydrating effects. This formula contained alcohol but they do have a newer version that does not. I may repurchase the new version since it's without alcohol once I use up my other toners. 

3.Honey Goo Bajmy Cleansing Balm-- An all natural cleansing balm I purchased from an Etsy seller. At first, I had problems with this leaving residue. However, once I treated this like an oil cleanser and used a warm cloth and double cleanse method, it removed quite easily and left my skin very clean and moisturized. This is probably the best makeup remover I've used especially for waterproof mascara. I have a bottle of Josie Maran Cleansing Oil to use up first but would love to repurchase at a later date. If you are looking for an all natural cleansing balm at a great price with great performance and ingredients, I recommend this one. It's only $12 for 2 oz. 

4.Phyto Botanical Straightening Balm-- This is older packaging of which I paid $26 at Sephora. I was not impressed with the straightening properties, as it did not do well with my naturally curly hair. It does help with frizz but there are tons more products available at less expensive prices that work much better. Will not repurchase and do not recommend. 

5.Matrix Equisite Replenishing Oil (small gold bottle)-- I received this is a Glossybox and love this hair oil so much. It never weighs my hair down and makes my hair look and feel healthy. And, it smells divine. This sample lasted me months as only a few drops is needed for medium length hair. I have the full size on my list to purchase later this month. 

6. Redken Curvaceous Conditioner for Wavy Hair-- I won a 3 pc mini set of Curvaceous products on Facebook. I do like the conditioner. It does work well for curly hair and eliminates frizz. I'm on the fence about repurchasing--- I may buy the full size in Summer when I tend to wear my hair curly. 


7.Number 4 Super Comb, Prep and Protect Leave in Conditioner (deluxe sample)-- I received this in a Birchbox a while back and decided to use it up during October Sampler. It's ok but certainly not worth $32 for the full size to justify a purchase when there are others available. 

8. fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream with Super 7 Complex( deluxe sample from GlossyBox)-- I adore this face cream. It's my current day and night moisturizer. It's never greasy and soaks right into skin. I always have trouble finding face creams, as they can be too rich for my sensitive skin or too light to moisturize the dryer parts. This does it all without any issues. It looks and feels great under makeup, too. I used up the 15 mL sample from GlossyBox and promptly went and bought the full size at full price from Sephora. Yes, it's that good! Another plus, it contains anti-aging ingredients that do not break me out. Typical anti-aging serums tend to cause irritation and breakouts for me so this all in one product is perfect. I recommend this one for all skin types because it is not overly greasy, contains healthy skin ingredients, and does not cause irritation to sensitive skins like mine. 

9.Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Red Dahlia-- For a drugstore lip balm, this little beauty works very well. It's texture reminds me of fresh sugar treatment. The color is beautiful, and it treats and conditions lips as well as higher end products. I recommend this one and will pick up a few once I work through a few more lip balms. 

10.L'OCCITANE Shea Butter Hand Cream--  This little deluxe sample came in a Sephora VIB bag from a few months ago. Can I just say I love these hand creams? I know it's not exactly an economical choice, but this really makes hands softer and lasts on the skin. As an RN(on medical leave right now), I constantly washed my hands and work, and this gets my seal of approval in that it lasts and nurtures the skin. I've already repurchased shea butter and one of the LE scents. 

11.Kiehl's Midnight Concentrate Eye-- I never knew one could love an eye cream until I met this beauty. I have very sensitive eyes, so it's hard for me to find something that dimishes dark circles and wrinkles, does not cause milia nor irritates my sensitive peepers. This fits the bill perfectly! I was so sad to see this go because at $36/0.5 oz. it is kind of expensive for me at this point in my life. However, I will repurchase this as nothing works like this for me. Please go try this if you need a new eye cream for dark circles and wrinkles! Hmmm... maybe I can check out some blog sales for samples LOL I need this in my life! It's a miracle in a tube(albeit small) I tell ya!

12. Tarte Maracuja C-brighter Eye Treatment-- Tarte always has the best value sets at Ulta in my opinion. I picked up a set a while back and this little jar was an added bonus. I really wanted this to work, but unfortunately this product gave me milia and not much improvement in the way of dark circles. So, it's a non repurchase for me. 

13. fresh Sugar Lip Treatment-- This is my holy grail lip balm! It works so well to relieve dryness and conditions lips significantly. I had about 4 boxes of the mini birthday gift set from Sephora/blog sales and have finally used them all. I have repurchased the advanced treatment version and received the Petal version from a Sephora VIB bag. I do use other less expensive lip balms that work as well, but this one is my favorite. 

14.Skin Medica TNS Eye Repair (deluxe sample)--  I received this in a Dermstore order. Unfortunately, this stuff burned my eyes and caused them to swell. So, no repurchase. Which is just as well.... it's $98 for 0.5 oz. LOL  

15.Sesha Skin Therapy Rejuvenating Anti-Aging Mask--- I've never been so impressed with masks as I am with these. The skin shows instant improvement so much so that my husband comments when I use this mask. I received this in a GlossyBox and it's one of those items that I will purchase over and over again. The skin is moisturized and nurtured, and there is no irritation with use. Go buy one or a thousand-- you won't be disappointed! 

Did you make it through all of that? I have more empties posts coming! Have you finished anything recently? 








2 comments:

  1. I like the Kiehl's eye treatment, too, though I think it lasts a pretty long time! I'm trying one from First Aid Beauty right now, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh let me know how you like the FAB. That little Kiehl's sample lasted a while for me too. I'm going to pick one up soon.

    ReplyDelete