Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, September 28, 2013

September: Favorites

I love reading beauty favorites posts. In fact, I've probably discovered a great deal of my beauty loves through other bloggers. Here is what I've been loving this month. With the weather changing here, I've brought in some of my favorites for the cooler temps.  I'm going to try and keep this as brief as possible so this won't end up being a book. If you see something that you would like more info, please leave me a comment.

Favorite Face Product(s): 
Nars Radiant Cream Compact Foundation- I bought this one because I love the creamy concealer. At first, I wasn't impressed with application but this looks great on my skin and wears well. And my husband compliments me every time I wear this,and it really does make my skin radiant. Score! It's a little steep on price, but I believe it investing in good face products. 

Favorite Blush: 

Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Naked Rose- I lucked up and found this on a blog sale for $8(it looked new!). Oh my word! The pigmentation and shade range cannot be beat. I'll be picking up another shade soon. 

Favorite Eye Product(s): 

MAC Showstopper Quad: This has been my go to palette since I bought it a few weeks ago. Perfect quad for a natural look. 
Trish McEvoy Intense Gel Eyeliner in Arabian Nights: I got this as a freebie in an order and hands down it's been my favorite eyeliner since that purchase. It's a beautiful blue/black the wears forever and looks stunning with my blue eyes. If you've not tried her products, this is a winner hands down. 

Favorite Lip Product(s): 

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey with Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Super Natural. I don't usually wear gloss but this drugstore find is a beauty. Wears well and is not sticky. For a more autumnal shades, I'm loving my Trish McEvoy in Sugar Plum Pink and MAC Viva Glam I. 

Favorite Beauty Tool: 

MAC 239 eye shadow brush-  I bought this brush because I saw it in one of Laura's  hauls. This is a workhorse of a brush. It packs on shadow like a dream. I like it so much that it's on my list to get a back up. I've never been in love with a brush, but this one comes close. Ha! Yes, it's an investment at $25 but I don't think you will regret it if you pick it up. P.S excuse the unwashed brush.

Favorite Skin Care: 

I am in love with Mad Hippie products. These products are all natural and free from bad things for your skin. The prices are reasonable too. This month, I've been using the Antioxidant Facial Oil with my nightly moisturizer. My new purchase is the exfoliating serum. This is a every other night treatment that is gentle on skin and uses low levels of glycolic acids to make the skin more even and clear. I wake up with glowy and soft skin. It's safe for sensitive skin too, as I usually react to almost everything. If you are looking for a good/ well priced organic/natural brand check out Mad Hippie.  

Favorite Hair Care: 

I've recently gone from traditional shampoo/conditioner to organic and safe products for color-treated hair. In the past, I've use Pureology but needed to find a more budget friendly brand. Acure Organics fits the bill. I'm loving the Moroccan Argan Oil and Argan stem cell moisture repairing shampoo and conditioner.  I highly recommend these as they clean my hair really well without stripped color and natural oils. And  at $8 a bottle these are a great alternative to Pureology. 



Hope you enjoyed this post. Please leave a comment with your favorites!  P.S. Check out Laura's Blog  Beauty Lover's Notes for great reviews, hauls and posts. She's one of my favorite UK bloggers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment