Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Small Makeup Haul: Drugstore/Walmart

I normally use the blog to post sales, but I thought I might start posting hauls and reviews, too.  I had to run to Walmart today. So, I took my handy coupons and went looking for a few new items on my wish list. I'm not much of a drugstore makeup shopper, but I do like Revlon lip-butters and Maybelline Color Tattoo shadows. And, recently I've stopped using high end mascara as the lower end counterparts work just as well on my lashes. 


1. Covergirl LashBlast Clump Crusher Extensions $6.94 -$2.00/1 coupon =$4.94 :  I've not tried the original version but picked this one up because the idea of 200% more volume intrigues me. We will see how it works on my short, blond minuscule lashes. 

2. L'oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara $7.97-$1.00/1 coupon (found at Walmart)=$6.97:  This is a new mascara from L'oreal that has an interesting brush. I've used L'oreal in the past and liked the original voluminous.  

3. Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle $5.96:  Yes, we know all about these. I've had this shade on my wish list for awhile and I was happy to find it. It's a perfect Fall shade for me as it's a pinky brown nude that really looks nice. 

4. Covergirl Whipped Cream Foundation  305 $5.94- $2.00/1 coupon= $3.94   There is a reason that I do not buy drugstore foundation: the shades never match my light neutral skin. I tried this one out once I got home, and it's too pink and  light. The next shade up looked too dark, so I will  probably pass this one on to my teenage sister. I think this would look great on younger more combo skin. I'm 42 and have normal dryish skin, and it wasn't great on me. 

5. Maybelline Color Tattoo Tough as Taupe $4.96:   Another one from my wish list--- Love these as bases underneath shadow. If you like MAC paint pots, you will like these IMO. I also wanted Barely Branded but it was OOS. Maybe next time. 

I hope you enjoyed reading my little haul. It's fun sometimes to pick up a few less expensive treats. 

Also if you are interested, the coupons listed above can be found on coupons.com

No comments:

Post a Comment