Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Best of Beauty 2013: Makeup Edition Eye Products

It's the time of the year to reflect back and pick my makeup favorites. I will be doing a series of best of beauty posts that will include makeup, skincare, bath and body and hair care items.  Here is the second installment. You can read about my face faves here

Favorite Eyeshadow Primer:  This year my favorite eye primer/base is MAC Paint Pot in Painterly. I really like the coverage, and it holds eyeshadow very well. I've also liked Benefit Stay Don't Stray as well. I've tried just about every brand out there, but these two work the best for me. Of note, I do like NARS Smudge Proof Eye Shadow Base for it's performance but feel like the tube doesn't last enough for $24 price tag. 



Favorite Eyeshadow Singles:  I'm mostly a duo/quad/palette type of person, but I do have three singles that I loved this year. 


MAC Satin Taupe- One of those must-have shadows that I feel should be in any neutral lovers makeup bag. 
L'Oreal Infallible 24 HR. EyeShadow in Endless Pearl-- Love using this as my base shade, and it lasts forever. 
Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow Pale Barley -- It's very rare that I spend over $30 on an eyeshadow. But yeah, it's that good. Please go buy one. 


Favorite Cream Shadow: 


I love cream shadows not only for an eyeshadow,  but I like to apply them as bases to enhance the wear and performance of my shadow looks. For this year, Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Amethyst and Clinique Bit O'Honey smoothie have been my favorites



Favorite Duos/Quads/Palette:  Here are a few of my favorite eye shadows: This consistently work well and look great on my eyes. 


NARS Dogon and Tzarine Duos
MAC Temperature Rising, Smokeluxe, ShowStopper Quads
Chanel Misty Soft Duo
Bobbi Brown Navy and Nude Palette
Urban Decay Naked 3( a new one)



Favorite Eyeliner: 

I love eyeliners. But, I purged quite a few this year and kept only the ones I used consistently. I prefer the ease of use with eye liners in pencil form. Although I do have a few gel and liquid liners, I find myself reaching for these on a daily basis. 

Trish McEvoy Intense Gel Eyeliner Pencils- The best eyeliner ever!
Bare Minerals Around the Clock Waterproof Eyeliner in Black Coffee 
Pixi Silky Gel Eyeliner Pens in Black Cocoa, Black Tulip and Black Blue 
MAC Chromographic Pencil in NC15/NW20 



Favorite Mascara:  I am a mascara junkie. I'm always looking for the perfect mascara for these pitiful lashes. Here are the standouts: 


Drugstore: Maybelline The Rocket WP and One by One WP, Revlon Lash Potion WP

High-End: Dior Iconic Overcurl, Chanel Inimitable, Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara
Best All Around: Mary Kay Lash Love Waterproof-- for now, this is my holy grail. It holds the curl in my lashes like no other brand and volumizes and lengthens well too. I normally use this as a base mascara and add one of the others on top. At only $15 retail, it blows the competition(ever higher end) out of the water. The only downside is I have to order from eBay or through a consultant. And, I love Clinique Bottom Lash for my bottom lashes. It's a must have! 


Brows:  For my brows, I'm loving Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette. I also like Essence Eyebrow Stylist Kit and Chanel Brow Pencil. If you are looking for a low cost high performance brow powder set, Essence cannot be beat. It's only $3 at Ulta.  



Do you see any of your favorites? Let me know some of yours in the comments! Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment