Makeup brushes are important in the beauty bag. I admit that I am obsessed with brushes and could buy several every time I go beauty shopping. I do not own extremely expensive brushes at this point. because I rarely can afford them with being on medical leave and the stay at home parent. Maybe... in the future. But, I do like to have brushes that work well for me, are affordable and meet my needs. In fact, some of my favorites are Real Techniques brushes. Oh and did I tell you that I won the entire 2013 RT brush line from a Facebook contest recently?? I owned quite a few already, but I'm excited to have backups! Excuse that brag. I rarely win contests.
I decided to hold this list to just 5 (or 6) brushes because I'm sure I could go on and on forever about brushes. As you can tell 3/5 brushes are eye brushes because eye shadow is my favorite beauty product.
1. MAC 217 Blending Brush-- I'm sure you've heard about this one. It really does live up to all of the hype. The brush blends shadow seamlessly, washes well and holds up to use very well. I've had this one for ages, and it still looks new.
2. It Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Powder Brush-- I love how this buffs powder/powder foundation onto skin. As well, it's very soft and looks new when washed. This is quite expensive for one brush ($48), but I received this one in a beauty test tube subscription. But, I would pay full price because it's such a good brush.
3. Sephora Collection Pro Airbrush Concealer Brush #57-- Let me tell you that this has revolutionized the way I apply concealer. This is one perfect brush! It applies and buffs concealer like no other brush I've used. It's $24, but it's a great value. The brush is quite soft and dense at the same time. It looks like new when washed. If you buy one new brush, I recommend this one.
4. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Shadow Blending Brush-- I love cream shadows but don't like how they can be hard or patchy when applied on the lids. This $16 smooths rough edges and blends perfectly. I love Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks and Clinique Chubby Sticks for Eyes, and this brush makes is so easy. Plus, it looks new even after several washes.
5. MAC 239 Eye Shading Brush-- Can you be in love with a makeup brush? This brush is my all-time favorite brush ever. I love how it packs on shadow so effortlessly. I mean-- I need about 5 more to be completely happy. And to be repetitive, it still looks new after being used quite a bit. But, for now this one is clean and ready to use with my eye shadows.
Honorable mention (not pictured): Real Techniques Stippling Brush-- I use this for blush. I adore cream blushes for my drier skin and never has a brush made applying cream products so easy and neat. And, it washes like new with every wash.
What are your favorite brushes?