Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, November 4, 2013

Alternatives : Like This or Try That Skin/Hair Care Drugstore Dupes

I love finding alternatives to products. Whether my reasoning is price, ingredients, or personal preference, I feel great when I find a suitable "dupe". In my opinion, finding a dupe is very subjective since products are different for individuals. However, here are a few that I've discovered that work as well or better and make me happy to purchase. I do not feel as though I am missing out from the original with these "close cousins". Again, this is based solely on my opinion and experience .

1. L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil ($24/8 oz.)vs. Yardley Honey Almond Creamy Body Wash ($5/16 oz.)-- These both work well for me. In fact, I'd say Yardley is a close dupe. The obvious difference is that L'Occitane is a gel oil while Yardley is a cream. However, once water is added, they both turn to a light foamy cleanser. Both products lather and smell the same to me. As well, my skin is softened equally by both. I won't repurchase L'Occitane in the future since I like Yardley a bit better. Plus, saving almost $20 and getting more wonderful product is a definite buy for me. I recommend trying the lesser expensive shower wash--- You might like it!




2. Pureology Hydrate Shampoo/Conditioner ($27/8.5 oz - $29/8.5 oz) vs. Kiss My Face Miss Treated Shampoo and Conditioner Palmerosa Mint ($5/11 oz): Both are vegan: no SLS: and use natural oils and are great for color-treated/processed hair. Kiss My Face is paraben free. The scents are almost identical, and both have that minty tingling sensation on the scalp. For the money, Kiss My Face is an excellent dupe if you like the Hydrate range.





3. fresh Sugar Lip Treatment ($22.50/0.15 oz) vs. Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Soothing Lip Balm ($4.95/0.25.oz). I'll be honest--- I love fresh sugar lip treatment. It's one of my all time faves for lip balm. I own  and use Avalon, and it works just as well and does not break in the bullet like fresh seems to do with every tube I've owned.  Both are nutrient rich and keep my lips healthy. However, fresh has a little more slip when applying, whereas Avalon is a more sturdy upon application. I have a few samples of fresh to work through but won't repurchase since Avalon is a suitable dupe. I'd rather spend the extra cash on makeup specifically eyeshadow palettes. Ha ha!



 Do you have any dupes that you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment