Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Review: Em Pillow Plush Cushiony Lip Balm in Bubblegum

I received this as part of my November Ipsy Bag. I am a fan of lip balms especially with the upcoming colder weather. I was happy this was one of the items I received in my bag. Sadly, I was disappointed when I tried the product.

I expected this to be very hydrating and smooth on the lips. Instead, it is very sticky and heavy. It does not glide on the lips as one would expect a lip balm.  It pulls on the delicate lip area. As well, it reminds me more of a lip gloss than a balm. It never settles completely and remains tacky through out wear time.

As you can see, it is very light in pigmentation with a slight sheen.  However, one positive is that it smells very much like vanilla which I do enjoy. Unfortunately, I think this one would only work well if you like a sticky glossy feel on the lips. In terms of wear time, it lasted about 2 hours, but my lips felt drier after using the balm.

I  cannot recommend this product or encourage you to try this one out. It retails for $15 on em cosmetics.  Thankfully, I paid $10 for the complete bag.

Have you tried this lip balm? What are some of your favorites?


No comments:

Post a Comment