Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Skin Care Routine: Skin Care Masks

I love how pampering a mask can feel on my skin. I've just recently explored this area of skin care products and feel like I've found a few gems. I alternate between products to meet the needs of my skin. For reference, I have dryish/sensitive skin ,so I look for masks with an eye toward ingredients that will benefit my skin. However, most of the masks I use can be used on any type of skin. I try to find products that are free from parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, strong preservatives, and added fragrance when possible.  Here are the masks I am enjoying in my regimen.

1. Hydrating Mask: Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask $24/3.4 oz. : This is chock full of healthy skin ingredients such as Apricot Oil, Hyaluronic Acid, Almond Oil and Mango Butters. I lather this one before bedtime ,and my skin is replenished and glowing in the morning. This also works as a calming mask as well. If I've had a reaction or break out to products, I apply this mask, and my skin recovers well by morning. The only issue I have is the mask has PEG's. So far, it's not caused issue with my skin. But, I prefer to leave those out of my regimen if possible.

2. Exfoliating/Brightening Mask: Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask $11/1.7 oz: I recently discovered Andalou products, and I'm so glad that I did! The products are free from GMO, sulfates, parabens, petrochemicals, phthalates, synthetic fragrance, colors, and preservatives. In addition, all products are cruelty-free. In my experience, the products are high quality and very economical. I love finding high quality and free from products that are affordable. The mask is quite gentle for a glycolic mask and really nourishes and softens my skin. The mask looks like pureed pumpkin and feels like you are feeding your skin great things. In the past, I used Kate Somerville ExfoliKate, but this is very comparable in quality and performance without the huge $85 price tag! I use this just once a week now. But with the winter brings drier air and skin, I will increase usage to twice weekly. I highly recommend this product. I purchase all of my organic/free from skin care on Vitacost.com.

3.Pore Cleansing/Refining Mask: Alba Botanica Pore-fecting Papaya Enzyme Hypo Allergenic Face Mask $7/3 oz:  Not only is this mask a great deal in value, it works well to reduce pore size and brighten dull skin. The mask has a gel-like texture, and is smooth on the skin. The fruit enzymes work without harsh exfoliants that can damage skin. It is my favorite summer mask because it's very cooling and thinner than typical pore masks. Plus, it's very healthy for your skin. If you have very sensitive skin, try this! It should not cause discomfort or reaction. My skin reacts to just about everything, and I had no issues. I do recommend leaving the mask on the smallest time limit to start.

4. Anti-Aging Mask: Sesha Rejuvenating Anti-Wrinkle Mask $9/1 sheet mask: I discovered this brand in a recent GlossyBox(US) , and  it literally changed how I feel about sheet masks. I will tell you that after using this mask the first time, my husband commented how nice my skin looked after the treatment. It's full of  healthy skin ingredients like hyaluronic acid, nutrients, vitamins and peptides, and it made a huge difference after just one use in my skin hydration and skin texture. I recommend this one if you want anti-aging benefits and/or hydration.

5. Calming Mask: Dermalogica UltraCalming Relief Face Mask $46/2.5oz: I know this one is pricey, but let me tell you my experience.  A few years ago, I was using a certain three-step system. Now to be fair, the cleanser/moisturizer were not to blame. It was the toner! After using for a week or so, my skin was burned. Yes! I ran into Ulta in tears and the sales associate introduced me to Dermalogica Ultra Calming line.  I purchased the starter pack, and my skin was 100% improved within a week. Since then, I've moved on to different products, but I always have this mask in my collection. If I have a reaction or my skin is feeling sensitive, I apply this mask, and it clears my skin very fast. Recently, I had a reaction to the detergent I was using in the washcloths I use to clean my face. This mask came to my rescue and soothed my skin beautifully. Give this one a try if you have sensitized and reactive skin.


What masks do you use? Are there any others that I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment