Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Drug Store: My Favorites and Repurchases: Makeup Edition

Last week, I discussed my high end favorites. If you missed that post, you can check it out here. In my opinion, drugstore makeup has really improved since my teen years in the 80's LOL. Visions of scratchy eye pencils, orange foundation, and patchy blush have often clouded my view in the past. But, recent offerings have changed my attitude toward inexpensive makeup.   I'll list some of my favorite purchases below.

1. Maybelline Color Tattoo Eye shadows: These are some of my favorite products and rival MAC paint pots. They last forever, blend well and the color range is fabulous. These make great eye primers,too. My favorites are Barely Beige(LE) and Tough as Taupe.

2. L'oreal 24 Hour Infallible Eyeshadows: I love these shadows. The formula is some of the best I've tried including the counter part higher end versions: Chanel and Armani. My fave shades are Endless Pearl and Continuous Cocoa, but I plan to pick up more shades for Fall. I've owned all three brands listed above and prefer these by a mile.
3. Maybelline Gel Eyeliner:  The best gel eyeliner hands down for me. It wears like iron, does not smudge and the color stays true. Plus, the brush included is not bad for application.
4. Real Techniques Face Brushes: Everyone knows about these, and all the hype is true. These do not shed, wash well and are cruelty free.

5. Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara Waterproof:  I guess this is not technically a drugstore product, but I've included it in this list. At $15, this is the best mascara that meets all of my requirements for lashes. It holds a curl, does not clump, adds volume and length. It removes easily as well for being a waterproof formula. I buy mine from a reputable seller on eBay and usually get 2 tubes for around $12 shipped.  If you get the chance, try this! A non waterproof version is available as well.
6. Revlon Lip Products: I have really been enjoying Revlon lipsticks, super lustrous glosses, lip butters and balm stains. This brand is one of the few drugstore brands for lips that I like to wear. My fave shades : Pink Truffle in lip butter, Honey in balm stain, and Fatal Apple in super lustrous gloss.

7. Pixi Silky Endless Eye Pencils: These are the best eye pencils from the drugstore(Target). They glide on so easy and smooth. It's almost like a liquid eyeliner in pencil form. The colors are great especially Black Blue, Black Cocoa, and Black Tulip. At $15, it might seem kind of steep, but trust me, these are worth it. And, Target has them on sale quite a bit with coupons available. Or add as a favorite on Blush.com and get 10% off and free shipping every day!
8. Cover Girl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Polish: One of the best formulas at the drugstore that I've found. These last well into a week for me, and the variety of colors is a plus as well. My favorite shade is Forever Frosted. These last longer than my OPI, NARS, and Essie polishes.
9. Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder: I'm usually not a fan of drugstore powders, but this one is a great one for the price. It does not oxidize, looks natural and controls oil. Plus, there are a variety of shades for different skin tones.
10. L'oreal True Match Blush: I do not own any drugstore blushes at the moment. However, I've used these in the past, and I love the range of shades, the wear, and the application. I need to pick up a few next time I'm at the drugstore since I love the formula so much. My favorite shades: Tender Rose and Baby Blossom

Are any of your favorites listed?

No comments:

Post a Comment