This is the plan that I've set for my low- buy:
1. Skin care can be purchased if needed. I'm currently in the market for a new toner, and that is really all I will need as far as skin care. If I run out of items, I may repurchase if I do not have a suitable backup. This will come out of the monthly set amount.
2. I have set a monthly amount of $100/per month. Trust me, this is a low amount and includes blog sale earnings as well. In the past, I've not counted blog sale money, but the extra amount(if I have a sale) can go toward savings, household or Christmas presents for the children.
3.I can spend the allotted amount in any way or form that I would like, But, after it's spent, it's gone. If I spend it all at the beginning of the month, then I'm done for the month. I can save the previous monthly amount but cannot spend from future months.
4. Gift cards may or may not count. I've not decided how I will approach this aspect. If I'm planning to enjoy what I have more in my collection, then constantly adding huge hauls to it will defeat the purpose of the low-buy. I'll update this one as soon as I make a decision.
5. I will not do a major haul before or after the low- buy. Items that I need will come out of the monthly set amount. For instance, I'm almost out of my holy grail NARS concealer, but I will not pre-buy.
6. I will try to blog weekly to make myself more accountable and to share how the low buy is going.
7. Beauty Subscription Boxes are included and will be deducted from the monthly spending amount.
What do you think? Interested in joining me? Have you done a successful low-buy or spending ban? Please leave a comment and let me know.