1. Beauty Blender: This really doesn't need explanation but this tool has changed the way I apply foundation. I have skin on the dryer side. The beauty blender helps cover without exaggerating dry patches and makes my foundation/concealer/powder so smooth and flawless. I have tried the professional version as well, but I prefer the original. I buy mine at either Dermstore or Beauty.com. Dermstore has specials and promo codes (plus free ship) ,or add to your favorites to always save 10%. Beauty.com has a rewards system with Drugstore.com that allows points to be earned from purchases every three months. At the end of the earning period, "bucks" are earned that can be spent like cash. At the beginning of October, I had $7, so I was able to purchase the double pk for less than $22. I thought it was a steal considering one sells for $20.
3. Trish McEvoy Intense Gel Eyeliner Pencil in Arabian Nights: Oh how I love this pencil. It is a navy black that glides on like a liquid and wears like iron. I know $28 is expensive for a pencil, but this is worth the money spent. It is a dark navy that runs neutral , so it doesn't pull green or teal. That is why I love it so much. It's a great every day neutral shade that doesn't scream 80's blue eyeliner at all. So pretty. I have the black shade on my wish list.
5. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder: It can be hard to find a setting powder for dryish skin. Plus I'm 42, so I don't want to accentuate wrinkles and imperfections. This is such a great setting powder. It is never cakey, or patchy and it never settles into pores. In fact, it tends to blur pores and imperfections without being heavy. I do not like a dewy look on my skin but prefer a natural look. This allows my skin to be both natural and shine free. If you've not tried this, I recommend it to all. It doesn't completely blank out the skin like some setting powders either.
For long wear, I'm enjoying Chanel Perfection Lumiere. Unlike some long wear formulas which can be heavy and flat, this one looks natural and adds a nice glow without being shiny on skin. Its a great shade match for me as well.
9. Eyeshadows: My favorites are NARS Duos, Urban Decay, and MAC shadows. I prefer a mix of shimmer and matte shadows. Right now I'm enjoying NARS Dogon, Tzarine, and MAC Smokelux palette. I tend to stick with these brands for the most part , as I know I will not be disappointed. I do venture out at times, but I tend to like these brands the most for performance, longevity, variety of shades and ease of access.
10. Illamasqua Blush: If you've never had the opportunity to try one of these blushes, you should run out and get a shade or two. The colors can be natural or vibrant, but the color payoff is one of the best I've tried including Chanel, Dior and the like. My favorite shade right now is Naked Rose.
So, there you have my top high end repurchased items. As you can see from the post, no lipsticks or mascara in the line up. I wear a variety of lipsticks from MAC, Chanel, Clinique, and others including drugstore. I'm not picky about the brand as long as I like the shade, and it wears well. And for mascara, I have sworn off high end mascaras since I've found one that works better for me than any expensive brand and it's only $15... (Mary Kay Lash Love Waterproof )! Thanks for reading. Let me know in the comments what top repurchases are in your collection.