Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Products I Regret Buying #1

These posts can be so informative and helpful when purchasing products. Of course, everyone is different,so these products may work well for others.  I plan to make this into a series and keep the list around 5 per post. I do have tons of regrets, though!

I'll start with my most recent regret.

Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil $42/ 6.7 oz: Wasn't it just last week I was signing the praises of this oil? Fast forward to a week later, and my skin is a mess. Believe it or not, this stuff has dried out my skin and cause some redness and bumps. I was so dumb that I ordered the full size without checking the full list of ingredients. I've been on a free free as natural/organic as possible skincare routine for the past 9 months. I do not make a habit of using skincare products with PEGs,parabens, etc because I find these are irritants to my already sensitive skin. This is chock full of PEG's, and my skin is reacting to this oil. I haven't opened the full size yet, so I'll return this one ASAP.

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Compact in Nude $45: Do y'all remember those drugstore compact foundations from the 80/90's? If you are old enough that is? LOL This reminds me of those products. A greasy mess-- patchy and horrible. I like LM eye products and powders, but I've not had good luck with base products. And, this was $45 down the drain. Unless someone loves it... leave a comment if you do. I'll send it to you.

MAC Prep/Prime Pressed Powder $25: I picked this up because it was raved about on YouTube. I do like the formula, but it breaks me out. Darn!

Dior 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palettes$59-$61: I have purchased several of these over time, and I always regret buying them. I guess I just don't like the formula and wear. The last one I bought Bonne Etoile broke my makeup heart forever. I hope I won't be drawn in again to spend over $60 because it looks good in the pan.


Birchbox Monthly Subscription $10/monthly: I get the craptastic boxes every month. I finally decided to sever my relationship with Birchbox forever. That is until I see these fantastic boxes others are getting in the mail. And, the idea of earning points to save money just calls my name. Note to self: You always get the worst boxes!


What are your recent regrets? 

No comments:

Post a Comment