Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, October 25, 2013

My Top Eyeshadow Picks

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I am an eyeshadow junkie. I love eyeshadows so much that I obsessively buy them.  I recently purged quite a few of my palettes, so I'm trying to enjoy the ones I've kept in my collection.  These are my top  picks for shadow. I planned to keep this at 10 picks, but I couldn't leave out any one of these.

1. NARS Duo in Dogon: I think this was a LE duo, but I purchased mine a few months ago on the NARS website. I love the slight warmth of this shadow,and it applies like a dream. I prefer the duos from NARS more so than the palettes. I find the performance and quality better for some reason.

2. MAC Veluxe PearlFusion Shadow Quad in Smokelux : I swapped for this one with another beauty blogger (NIB), and I am so glad I did. I love the formula and wear time. I reach for this one quite a bit as the shades are wearable, and I can easily create a complete eye look with just the quad.  If I had one complaint, it would be the shape of the shadow. But, I still love it!

3. Urban Decay Single Shadows: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Mushroom, and Buck: I owned both of the Naked palettes at one point but didn't use but a few shadows. I sold those and bought my favorite singles instead. You cannot go wrong with UD shadows. They are so pigmented and wear well, plus application is a breeze.

4. MAC Eyeshadow Quad in Show Stopper: Another MAC quad... I love MAC eyeshadows. They are quite affordable, and the performance cannot be beat. This one has everything a neutral lover's heart could desire.

5. Sephora Collection Outrageous Prisma Chrome Metallic Eyeshadow in Metallic Beige, Purple and Taupe: These little $7 shadows are great for adding drama and shimmer. They are so pigmented and apply very nicely that I find it hard to believe how cheap they are to purchase.

6. Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad in Lavender Smokes: For a drugstore eyeshadow quad, this is surprisingly good. The colors are so pretty and not chalky at all. I love this one for a purple smokey eye.

7. MAC Temperature Rising Quad in Bare My Soul: Are you sensing a pattern here? This is a beautiful quad in LE packaging. I love all of the shades, but the green copper shade(When in Rio) is TDF. It looks stunning on all eye colors especially blue.

8. Chanel Ombre Contraste Duo in Misty Soft: I'm not a huge fan of Chanel eyeshadows as I find the quality is hit/miss, and there are much more affordable ranges with better performance available. That's just my opinion... However, this duo is beautiful and very high in quality.

9: Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Amethyst: I purchased this one on a whim while in Sephora recently. I'm so glad that I did! I use this as a base or by itself for a fast smokey one shade look.

10: Clinique Chubby Stick for Eyes in Bountiful Beige/Massive Midnight: I love the formula of these eyeshadow sticks. Some can be oily and patchy, but these goes on smoothly and wears beautifully. The beige shade is my go-to eyeshadow highlighting shade at the moment.

11. Dior 3 Couleurs Smoky Eye Palette in  Smoky Brown: This is the unsung hero of Dior eyeshadows in my opinion. I really do not hear a great deal about these, and that surprises me. Yes, $48 is expensive for 3 shades, but the color range, durability, and performance are much better than any of the 5 Couleurs Palettes I've tried. And, the lid shade in this quad is the one of the most beautiful neutral tones for eyes.

What are your favorites?


No comments:

Post a Comment