Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Weekly Faves and Fails #3

It's that time again where I post my favorites from the past week. I'm on a low-buy at the moment, so the purchase part of these posts may slow down. I'm working on my low-buy post now, and it should be up on Monday. Now on to my faves/fails:

1. Favorite Purchase: October 2013 GlossyBox Byrdie Edition. I signed up (again)just for this special edition box, and I'm so glad. The products were well worth it, and I found a new face cream and mask I love. I find the special boxes tend to be better in terms of items received. I'm not sure if I'll subscribe for any more boxes ,as I tend to get the worst boxes. The box included: Sesha Face Mask, Bvlgari au the vert Cologne, Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara(F/S), Balance Me Lip Balm, and Fresh Lotus Preserve Face Cream. And, I'm impressed with the deluxe sample sizes as well. I've tried everything but the mascara, and so far I'm pleased. The box was well worth $21, as the mascara is full size and retails for $23.




2. Favorite Skincare Item: Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream. This was in my Glossybox, and I simply adore this cream. It makes my skin so soft and no breakouts so far. The sample size is generous enough(0.5 oz) that I can try it out for a good period of time before deciding to buy the full size.



3. Favorite Makeup Item: MAC Veluxe PearlFusion Eyeshadow Quad in SmokeLux. I really love this quad for a complete eye look. The formula is so silky and pigmented.  I actually swapped this out with another beauty blogger(still NIB), so it was a great price too(lol)!


4. Favorite Non Beauty Item:  BetterWorldBooks.com  I discovered this site last week while shopping for a book I wanted to purchase. Not only do they offer great new/used books and free worldwide shipping, they donate a book for every book purchased. I love that idea! I look forward to buying more books from the site. The also have ebooks, but they are not compatible with Kindle or Nook. However, you can download an app for your phone or computer.




Fails:
Shiseido Refining Makeup Primer: Since I've started using a more natural skincare routine, I've found I have to be more careful with products I'm putting on my face. I purchased this because I'd heard great things. This does make my makeup last longer and apply smoothly.and it has an added bonus of SPF 21. Unfortunately, this breaks my skin out with red bumps. I've tried on several occasions, and I always have the same result.  But, I do recommend this one if you are not sensitive or oily. It performs well and does not have the thick feel of primers. But for me, it's a fail.


Any new faves or fails for you recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment